Some of the following features are only available in specific markets, or may be limited in their capabilities on a market-by-market basis.
TOYOTA SAFETY SENSE AND LEXUS SAFETY SYSTEM + FEATURES
- Pre-collision System – Vehicle Detection: Available on TSS-C, Pre-Collision System – Vehicle Detection uses a forward-facing radar and camera designed to scan the road ahead to help you avoid a potential frontal collision in certain situations. When a potential collision is detected, you are alerted with audible and visual warnings on the dash, and brake assistance is automatically activated. If you do not apply the brakes, and the system determines the collision is unavoidable, the brakes are automatically engaged in some conditions.
- Pre-collision System – Vehicle and Pedestrian Detection: Available on Toyota Safety Sense P and Lexus Safety System+, Pre-Collision System - Vehicle and Pedestrian Detection uses an in-vehicle camera and radar to help detect a vehicle or a pedestrian in front of you and can help to mitigate or avoid a potential collision. If the system determines a frontal collision is likely, it prompts the driver to take action using audio and visual alerts. If the driver notices the potential collision and applies the brakes, the system may apply additional force using Brake Assist. If the driver doesn’t brake in time, the system may automatically apply the brakes to reduce speed, helping to minimize the likelihood of a frontal collision or reduce its severity.
- Lane Departure Alert: Lane Departure Alert helps you stay in your lane. Using a forward-looking camera, the system is designed to detect visible painted lane markings on the road and alert you if you are inadvertently moving out of your lane. The system will alert you with an audible beeping sound and an indicator light on the instrument panel will flash so that you can then take corrective action.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist Function: The Lane Departure Alert helps you stay in your lane. Using a specialized camera, the system is designed to detect visible painted lane markings on the road and alert you if you are inadvertently moving out of your lane. The system will alert you with an audible beeping sound and indicator light on the instrument panel will flash so that you can then take corrective action. The Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist system brings added functionality. Should the system determine that the driver is not taking corrective steering action, the Steering Assist function will initiate and provide gentle corrective steering when necessary to help keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Automatic High Beam: Automatic High Beams is designed to help drivers see more of what's ahead at nighttime without dazzling other drivers. When enabled, this feature uses a forward- looking camera to help detect the headlights of oncoming vehicles and taillights of vehicles in front of you, then automatically switches between high and low beams to provide the most light possible and enhance forward visibility. By using high beams more frequently, AHB may help driver’s earlier detection of vehicles and obstacles.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC): While staying within a preset speed range, the system maintains an appropriate distance between vehicles, helping make long highway drives less tiring. The system operates at all speeds, enabling the vehicle to follow the vehicle ahead in low speed. This, in turn, helps reduce driver fatigue even in traffic congestion.